Although there are many examples of music being used to reduce tension in moments of crisis and negotiation, two of my favorites are The Congress of Vienna (1814) and The Christmas Truce (1914). Those stories are here:
The current application of the impact of music on the brain is becoming more and more widespread. Research into the neuroscience of music is expanding at a rapid pace.
Here are just a few examples:
- Jay B Gaskill: Music and the Creation: A Universe of Spiritual Resonance
- University of Tennessee Medical Center
- Stanford Medicine: The Center for Compassion and Altruism Research and Education
- Dana Foundation
- Greater Good Magazine: Four Ways Music Strengthens Social Bonds
- ZME Science: Listening to music you like makes you more altruistic
- Trends in Cognitive Science: The neurochemistry of music
- Greater Good Magazine: Why Do We Feel Awe?